"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 28 May 2007

"There's a bigger audience in The Auroran, Buck Says"

ORIGINALLY POSTED Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Nigel Keane deserves to be promptly pricked by a two-pronged prod in a prominent part of his anatomy. Let all here present note that I am resisting the temptation. It is against my ethics to kick a man when he is down. Even when he is begging for it.

LeeAnn Keller takes the time to count the number of times I used the personal pronoun in my letter to suggest I might have an ego.

Let there be no doubt, LeeAnn.

If you show me a practising politician without an ego, I will show you a consummate actor.

George Hervey, Hugo Kroon and Martin Mol offer convoluted dissertations, the meanings of which entirely escape me. Of them all, not one offers a challenge to my contention that ethics are a personal matter.

If a person seeking public office needs to have a document spellling out desirable conduct in a position of trust, then they are clearly lacking in a singularly important attribute needed for the job and should not be elected.

I did say I would confine my communications to my blogging boudoir.

That was then. This is now.

I post a blog several times a week. I thoroughly enjoy doing it. But I miss the broader stage and the footlights the Auroran provides.

Therefore, I have changed my mind.

I will write to my friend the editor whenever I please.

_________________________________________

HEATHER'S NOTE: This was published as a Letter to the Editor in the week of March 27/07 issue of The Auroran, in response to a multitude of letters published pursuant to the appearance of this post as, you guessed it, a Letter to the Editor.

No comments: