"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 16 May 2008

One More Time, and the Last

I stated in my previous response to a comment, the attention of the Chairman of the Police Services Board was drawn to the election activities in 2003 of the York Region Police Association. The exercise was not repeated in the election of 2006. There was no breach of the Code of Discipline therefore and no cause for complaint. That's how the system is supposed to work.

I am aware of the responsibilities of an elected official and the significance of comments. If I have something of substance to say,I say it. I need no prompting nor am I likely to be provoked into
making unjust or unfounded accusations.

You have my answer. Enough already. If you have a beef against the police ...do it yourself.

No comments: