"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 27 November 2009

An Ungodly Hour

I am up again. I decided to throw in a load of laundry and take advantage of the cheap hydro rates. If I wait until the cycle finishes I can hang the first load to dry and put in a second.

When I opened the linen closet, a burst of fresh air was released. It's funny how you don't really smell it when you're outdoors but when you bring in laundry that's been absorbing fresh air, the scent holds it until the next time. Even the dish cloth drawer smells of fresh air. Last week-end I left my bed linen out for two days to get really saturated . I don't think I could buy anything that smells so sweet.

It's small but it is a delight. It cost nothing but time and effort. Life in the fast lane doesn't allow for such simple pleasure.

That's a shame.

1 comment:

Grace said...

Evelyn:

I hope these early morning postings, and the inability to sleep, are not because of the stress of Council. If it is, please try to take care of yourself. I walked the floors more than one night following meetings at the Town and it's not healthy.

Take Care of yourself. Health is precious.