"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 17 June 2010

Correspondence With The Mayor

Good morning Ms Mayor,

We communicated last year on the problem of the Aurora Grove ballpark lack of facilities and still the problem has not been resolved.

Once again this evening my wife and I while enjoying our dinner were greeted with the sight of a man relieving himself in the trees just beyond our back yard. Would you enjoy this sight from your dining room?

The ballpark was recently resurfaced over a period of days at a cost of most likely thousands of taxpayer dollars but still you have not seen fit to provide a Johnny-on-the-spot for the participants. This head in the sand approach does disservice to us as well as the ballplayers and their supporters – surely facilities are just as important as the resurfacing.

Please do not brush me off as you did last year but address this situation before the season progresses much further.

Hi Al,

Noticed your card in my door today – and am assuming your visit was regarding my email below. You were the only one to visit last year when I made this same complaint and I appreciate your interest in the matter.

After three weeks not one response from the mayor so I am assuming that my complaint is not too high on the priority list. There has been one more incident in that time so the problem for the ballplayers and our discomfort continues. I can’t understand how the town can provide the costly ball diamonds and lighting but ignore the common decency of portable toilets for the participants.

I hope that you can use your influence to correct this situation.

The above e-mails are a prelude .

The story continues:

No comments: