"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 26 August 2011

A Message Received


  I have been following the water bill discussion from council ,I 
think it was last month,
   I think it had something to do with being charged for waste water 
and what was cat. as waste
     some people are still on well so they don,t get charged because 
they do not get a waterbill.
   wasthis ever resolved?
      I remember moving to aurora about18years ago and leaving in a 
nice little house on Devins
      I use to get water bills that didn't charge for sewage  and the 
bill came to $17.00  YES $17.00
      Today I do leave in a bigger house on Hammond with a pool but 
still haven't watered my lawns this year
       and my bill comes to $255.40. is this really the price of 
Aurora progress??
      MY friend over on Boulding which his house is similar to my 
first one ($17.00 water bill) told me
      his bill was  $199.00
       Still love AURORA and always will ,great place to live.
         but whats with  these super inflationary water bills?

*************

The above is one of a number of e-mails received on the issue of water bill increases. I received it last week indicating  continued interest and dis-satisfaction with the situation.

No comments: