"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 29 June 2016

WALTZING MATILDA...WALTZING MATILDA

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "IT'S MY PARTY": 

"There was no comment. Merely an observation"

No comment was required, the context of how it was "observed" was ample to demonstrate your disdain for the person and his dress. 

The rest of your post here shows that while it may be your blog and party, the tone, content and mind-set are clearly Victorian. 

Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 29 June 2016 at 07:40

****************************

To  the person who asked,the photo of Councillor Abel doing due diligence, cutting the ribbon 
for the opening of a new children's shoe store in Longo's Plaza is on page 9 of last week's
Auroran. 

To  the person commenting  I doubt  my personal opinion of Councillor Abel's "Person and his dress"
matters much. Although I  have to report the numbers spiked.

To be precise, reflection in the post is more about modern fashion and other aspects of the town's 
affairs. I will call it my town if I like. You are not the boss of me. 

I do have a distaste for grizzly,unshaven faces. Unkempt hair. Slovenly dress .

They suggest laziness, carelessness, a lack of self-discipline, self-indulgence, Hill- Billy life style, 
lack of self- respect and indifference to any known standard of conduct and whatever other 
negative terminology one might care to add. 

There...I've said it. I don't think I'm alone. 

But disdain is not part of my lexicon. It suggests superiority. I don't believe anyone is in a position to look down on anyone else. More than a hint of disrespect for my generation is conveyed in the comment. 

BtW I am not of the Victorian era . My grandparents were.  

They would marvel at the lifestyle of the modern age. They would also be horrified. 

My grandfather would shake his head in disbelief at lessons unlearned, opportunities lost.

The David Camerons , Donald Trumps, Dalton McGuintys,Justin Trudeaus ,Geoffrey Dawes  and John Abels. 

I see Councillor Joe Sponga of Newmarket has quit politics mid-term following four times elected. 

He doesn't  think he should have to use personal resources to defend his reputation as a 
consequence of public service. Newmarket will have the expense of a Byelection. 

Don't know the accusation but whatever it is , obviously  it will be allowed to stick. 

At least he won't come out of it, couple of hundred thousand dollars in debt. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evelyn, your hilarious. Love your posts!
The comments are sometimes even funnier.