"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 20 November 2016

FERGUSON, MISSOURI ....MICHAEL BROWN

Through  the kindness of friends, I receive the New York Times Briefing every morning. 

I've weaned myself from CNN. 

Reading takes more time than listening but I can be selective. I get the Guardian Briefing on Brexit once a week as well.  British pols are so open, so ridiculous as to be downright comical. 

Boris Johnson, former Lord Mayor of London, now has a role in Brexit. He is a character straight out of Monty Python.

 Brexit is no closer today than it was the day of the referendum. I said that at the time. But they needed a Superior Court to tell them a referendum is not a government decision. 

The upcoming transition in the White House is covered in  NYT and I still watch Charlie Rose's evening program. Last night's guest, a New York Times editor said there should be no rush to normalize the current situation. The President-elect, in the character revealed, is unthinkable. 

 Tom Friedman was Charlie's guest this evening . 

He has a new  book out. 

He is not sanguine either. 

It's late but it's the only glimmer of hope on a deep dark horizon. 

I still can't talk about the recent election. And I can't move past it. 

I make comments  on Facebook. Short responses to specific comments are not that hard. 

They ease the pressure. 

Still, the blog awaits 

I've started  and abandoned repeatedly.

Ramifications of the American election are so horrendous in so many respects, I'm not sure any essence can be captured. 

As days turn into weeks, nothing emerges to cast a light on  the future. 

Since August 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri , in America , things just keep getting worse. 

No comments: