"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Correction

I watched the opening of last night's council meeting on television this evening. I needed to know if I heard the Mayor's comment correctly.

What she said to Councillor MacEachern was "I am going to call a recess in a minute."

Different word, same intent. It is the kind of misunderstanding that happens in a hostile environment.

I do not take kindly to any suggestion that I am not entitled to say what I have to say in a letter to the editor, a blog, comments on a website or taking a position at a council meeting.

I do not acknowledge any person's authority to question my right to speak my mind by virtue of having been elected to office.

Pish Tosh!

No comments: