"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 17 July 2010

About Lies and Other Things

When the facts are unbelievable, it's relatively easy to persuade people they are not to be believed.

Then it can be said:

" She makes things up"

"Her hatred of Morris blinds her logic"

"She is a liar"

"She just wants to make trouble for Morris"

It comes down to what a person wants to believe. The exchange that takes place at work, at the kitchen table, at the market,in stores and clubs, on trains, buses, senior centre, coffee shops and wherever else people gather and listen to each other.

It's people stuff. It's politics. It's the path I've chosen and I love it.

All I do is put the facts out there. I have a better opportunity to do that now than I ever dreamed possible.

People will do with it what they will . I trust their intuition.The rest I leave to fate.

For me the risk is worthy of the endeavour.

No comments: