"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 28 January 2011

An Answer

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "I Agree With The Comment":

1) the day it happened blair and ford did speak about it via press conferences

2)that day many media reports and articles i have read since indicated he was not in pursuit of the suspect, rather, because they were tracking the truck via its GPS system, they had setup numerous blockades...sadly, the truck driver rammed the blockade that Sgt. Ryan Russells car was in (he was standing outside of it).

3)I know you have a desire to know the facts and all the details, but our legal system and the accused are the priority there.

***********

Thank You

I do need to know why. I feel the same way about the ending of a policeman's life, as a firefighter, a soldier, or a seventeen year old on an unsafe scaffold
washing windows of a high rise building, or a person out of his mind and behaving irrationaly.

One way or another, we are all destined to die. Senseless death infuriates me.
Sometimes a death reported in the news doesn't even warrant the person's name.

Every life is precious.

When I was on the Social Assistance Review Board, I sometimes found myself in a rickety-rattly little plane looking down on thousands of miles of snow-covered wilderness. I'd think of snippets of news about a small plane vanishing with seven or whatever number, government officials on board. No names. Just nameless government officials.

I thought of my children at home and having to choose between being safe at home with them and providing for them.

I don't believe any man applies to be a police officer believing their lives will be at risk. It should not be expected of them.It should not be a sacrifice the community expects.

No comments: