"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 5 May 2011

First Things First

I have nothing more to say about Federal politics.    For now.   Whatever is, is.  Whatever will be, will be.

The Mallards are  back. One day last week, she came down and swam around and quacked for him to
find her. He didn't. So, she left.

Yesterday, he came down and quacked for her to find him. She didn't. So, he left.

To-day they are both here. Side by side. Head tucked to the side.Taking a rest ,in the warmth of   the black tarp overlap on the deck.

They will  stay a few days before making their way to a better place for a nest.

Things are greening up fast. Buds swell a little more each day.  I really have to find a long-handled weeder. this year.  I find digging weeds out of the lawn and garden to be very therapeutic.I can use my walker to sit on while I'm doing it.

Lily of the valley is spilling out over the garden and  sprouting from  the driveway. It took years and many efforts  for the beautiful little flower to take hold and now the scent is  sheer delight for a week or more. I have more than enough to share.

We took down some trees  at the end of the year. There will be more sun than shade. I think I'm going to miss the trees but not the shade. It will change things in the yard.

I came home from the dentist and sat in the car with the door open to listen to the end of  Frank Sinatra'srendition of the ballad  "I have been a rover."

Now, I just want to go back out there . There's a single red tulip almost ready to bloom but there's grass and weeds around  her  that need to be removed so  the tulip can look her best at her best.

I really need to see to that.

2 comments:

one who knows said...

Lovely post Evelyn , nothing better than a fine sping day to warm the heart , its my favorite time , its a season of rebirth, the land awakens from a five month slumber.

Anonymous said...

What do you think of the sale of the Auroran?