"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 8 March 2013

Always the victim

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Pull the covers over your head.":

***********

The title reminds me of an episode.

A Council meeting . All present around the table. 

The only dialogue  is between the former Mayor and Councillor Mac Eachern, sitting side by side at the head of the table 
chatting happily together oblivious to all . 

It went on and on ....and on. 

As if  no-one else was  in the room. 

It wasn't unusual . But it was longer than usual.

I had  my jacket in my hand ready  to leave. There wasn't much point in being there.

But I waited.

Finally, in sheer hopelessness I slid back and  down in my chair and pulled  the  jacket up over my head.

There wa laughter. 

Several minutes later, the Mayor asked  ;" Is Councillor Buck alright?" 

I looked out from the side of my jacket and said; "I'm fine"

Then  came the  outrage at my lack of respect for Council. .

The Mayor never made the connection  between her own  behaviour and  reaction of others. .      

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Mayor never made the connection between her own behaviour and reaction of others."

Of course the Mayor never made any connection, because she may be so self absorbed that she would never consider it to be her. I'd bet that she still upholds every action in office that she took and that the fault always lies outside of her and on others as opposed to herself. She would point the finger at everyone else (meanwhile she's got 3 fingers pointing back at her - try it you'll figure it out). And now she's cheerleading for the Council trio who feel hard done by the rest of council and are trying to uphold democracy in Aurora. Instead of a constant barrage of criticism why don't they come up with something constructive to lead and put forward.

Anonymous said...

Going back to your earlier discussion about history and Geography, the Metis won a huge decision from the Supremes on their land suit. Read the comments below the news articles to see how much history and geography Canadians really possess. Zilch, Nada, Zip.