"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 31 August 2016

DRIBS AND DRABS

I don't feel good about the blog these days. Comments are a large part of free , frank and welcome exchange. Hostility contributes nothing. 

I reported vanishing e-mails as an issue . The message did not transfer  successfully. I didn't re-try .

 I have a throat infection. It's pretty miserable. Swallowing is painful. Prescription  capsules are enormous . One to be taken every eight hours.  It feels like the second didn't go down properly.  Now what? 
Previous  three issues of The Auroran are at hand.  Verbiage by the Mayor,CAO and Chief Financial Oficer to describe a 2015 budget deficit while obscuring facts , is good for a Blister .That's  always sends the numbers spiralling but Scott Johnston made the point in a cartoon already and my great-grandchildren have dispersed. 

I can keep track of them on Facebook but I can't wrap my arms around them. 

I haven't even opened last week's issue of The Auroran yet. 

I haven't felt this lethargic since I started writing the blog. 

A banner item is running across the T.V. Screen. North Korea just executed  by firing squad the Top Education Official for having "a bad attitude" in the last top assembly. 

On this hemisphere, the bigot billionaire, who could become King, is flying down to Mexico close to Rio today for chit -chat with a real President before he makes good on his anticipated "big immigration speech" CNN is, as always , totally focussed on the  Blodgy Blighter

In Brazil, Parliament has impeached a President for running a deficit even though shifting  money between accounts has always been a common practice 

Stephanie has started  rehearsals for a Christmas pantomime ,Beauty and the Beast. A necropolis 
in a Riverdale cemetery is the locale. Between work and rehearsals I don't see much of her. Calico Jack is still with us. 


No comments: