"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 9 November 2010

I Do Not

I know you don't have any respect for him, but why do you always spell Nigel Kean's name wrong? There is no "E" on the end of it.

It would be like your name written as Bucke.

************************************************

It's a mistake to think  the association between candidates or councillors  has a single dimension.

The experience we share is like a roller-coaster. Once it starts,you can't get off  till it stops. Hopefully  in one piece.

M.P.Lois Brown called after the election with good wishes.To an extent ,I said, it's like sticking your head above the crowd and inviting people to throw rocks at you .

I don't disrespect people who put their names forward for election. I watch them doing what they think they must, to win enough support to make it over the hump. They have to  reach inside for the resources to sustain themselves throughout.

It's not a trivial pursuit.

It's an experience unlike any other. There are no classes or instructions to follow.

Being turfed out  is different to not winning something you never had. The hurt runs deep.

Bonds of  affection  between rivals are not part of the mix.Politics are not what people think they should be.  They are what they are. However you find them.

As life endures, steel is tempered

Being in  office is a different experience.  Sometimes it calls for a level of strength you don't know you 've  got until you need  it

I don't disrespect Nigel Kean. I may not share his views on much of anything. At Saturday's  Remembrance Dinner at the Legion. he  walked past  as if I wasn't  there. I was not offended.At this time, he needs to draw on all his resources.

I 've been there.

All I can advise  is, it's not lethal.

No comments: