"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 6 March 2014

Bits and Pieces

"Something Fishy in Aurora  was one of the first commenters to this blog. I haven't received a comment under that name for a long long time.

I'm glad to know you are still there and came to my assistance when I needed you.
Thank you.

****

Yesterday morning a person named Yulia called me for help. An application had been made in January to sponsor her grandmother who is here on a visit from Ukraine.

The caller was anxious because she had not had a response.

I told her I was not in a position  to help but I would call her back with particulars about M.P. Lois Brown's riding office and I would speak to the Riding Assistaant.

I spoke to Mary Anne and determined office hours address and  explained the problem.

I could not get  back to Yulia because my call would not go through on the number I'd been give.

I don't know how Yulia got my name. If it was through the blog , call me again and I will  relay what I have.

*******

The point about  the job  advertised by the Historical Society indicates the new executive have no intention of doing executives  of volunteer organizations normally  do....that is ...the  work necessary to realize the mission. mission .

It would nor normally be my business , nor would I be concerned.... except there is no doubt in my mind the taxpayers of the town are funding the position. We have been inveigled by our  Council into
funding the operation of Hillary House.  While we  provide no resources to operate  the museum or
take  proper care of the museum collection.

Transparency is lacking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lois went to the Ukraine for Harper when that other gal was in the slammer. It didn't help her a bit but she is out now. Not sure how effective Lois can be so please do let us know how this works out.

Anonymous said...

Transparency seems to have been displaced by the totally paranoid fear that a councillor might be ' micro-managing '.

Anonymous said...

Off-topic.
Staples is closing 225 stores

Anonymous said...

One of our daughters got an early start on March break. She was on a plane a day ahead of the crowd. If Mayor Dawe did something like that & staff are all off for the break, he might have a real problem, Just saying.

Anonymous said...

21:00

You did read that Staples is closing 225 stores in NORTH AMERICA right?

How many in Canada? How many in Aurora? we don't know, they have told us.

Off-topic and irrelavent.