"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 5 March 2015

Ties That Do Not Bind

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Cold Hard Unforgiving Inexcusable Facts of the Mat...": 

18:18
Your fawning over both is all that their egos need

Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 5 March 2015 at 10:53


**********************

I need little encouragement to keep writing  on town affairs. I've been doing it for a long time. Thank you 18.18 for letting me know it's helpful. There wouldn't be much point otherwise.

It's not the same as when I was a Councillor. Certain obligations are no more

I am longer required  to protect the interest of the municipality and maintain confidentialit of matters discussed behind closed doors.

I am not  privy to matters of confidentiality but  I am still bound not to  reveal confidence  to which I was privy.

I am no longer bound to put forward my view of things with utmost respect for the views of others.
If I hear or read something entirely lacking in logic I may make  my observations  with few holds
barred.

If I believe taxpayer's interest  is not served, trust is betrayed, expenditues made with shameful disregard for anything but political  pandering,  I am free to say so without a scintilla of decorum.

Of course my role  is different now. No working relationship needs to be maintained. No debts are outstanding,. No compulsion to be anything but accurate in my perspective . I can be frank and free without fear or favour

The veneer is stripped. The gloves are off. A fertile field stretches out before me ready for planting.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah ! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have at it !

Anonymous said...

It is amusing that the knee-jerk reaction occurs whenever a writer receives a compliment and always from a source that contributes nothing but angst.