"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 19 February 2010

People Ask

How many people in Aurora read the Blog? I don't know that. This week there were 811 visits and 1.392 views.

I don't know how many are from Aurora readers. Before, when Heather Sisman had more time,
she knew how to keep tabs on that stuff. People were logging in regularly from places all around the Globe.It was exciting.

All I know for sure is that Aurora readers logging in are that many more than did before I started the blog. For every one who reads it, probably dozens more are drawn into a conversation about what was read.

I'm sure Evalina reads it. Every now and again I recognise it when she explodes and responds in an uncivil tone.

The Mayor is obviously kept informed. That's why I get glower power of Dark Vader in the Council Chamber on a regular basis. It seems I'm supposed to shrivel up and disappear in a wisp of smoke like the Wicked Witch of the West when I get the full force of the glare.

Chris Watts has had the same experience in Shopper's Drug Mart .He will not likely forget that for a while.

It's like Aurora's own Jihad without blood-letting. I am certainly not going to blow myself up for the cause. It's all too satisfying.

Never in my life, did I think this would happen to me before I died.

6 comments:

Something Fishy in Aurora said...

Thank you for my morning smile. Probably one of your best posts to date.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for declaring so emphatically your frame of reference.

Heather said...

Let me put the stats together for you. Watch your email :)

Anonymous said...

Collect too many stats and you might scare off readers and participants like Christopher Watts' blog has endured.
Don't see many particpants over there, do you?

Unknown said...

Evelyn,

I'm not sure about there being no blood-letting, let's not forget the "Mayor's" blood drive.

That aside Google Analytics is very informative as to web traffic, it will tell you # of unique visitors, their location, ISP, frequency and length of stay, the site they come from and go to, even their IP address.

Every month or so I load it up on my sites and am interested to see who is reading. Especially on the web, where unlike a circulated paper, or broadcast TV show people have to actually come to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
Hope to receive any help from you if I will have some quesitons.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)