"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 28 August 2010

A Toronto Code Complaint Report

On February 13 2009, Interim Integrity Commissioner for the City of Toronto, submitted a written report on a complaint against Councillor Robert Ford.

It was six pages in separate chapters.

Summary... recommendation...decision history..issue background ...comments on investigation....analysis... and conclusion.

When David Tsubouchi appeared at Aurora Council Meeting of August 17th ,he declared himself willing to answer Councillors' questions.

He was questioned by only two; Councillors; Collins Mrakas and McRoberts.

Councillor Collins Mrakas' professional occupation is in the field of ethics. The councillor's curriculum vitae includes a degree in law.

Councillor Collins Mrakas sought details of Mr. Tsubouchi's investigation.

He responded he had no intention of disclosing the information.

He acknowledged having spoken to two Councillors . Subsequently, on challenge, he acknowledged having spoken to only one ...being the complainant, Councillor MacEachern.

His verbal presentation complete, the Mayor inquired if he would stay.

He responded that he would " to watch how this plays out"

Two of my great grand-children are at the Market at town park this morning with my daughter, Theresa , their grandmother.

They are going to play in the splash pad... a new experience for them

I will finish this post later. I'm going to the park and watch how that plays out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised he hung around, if the grocery stores were still open he might have had time to pick up a few dented cans of tuna.

After all with the pittance we taxpayers contribute to his income for all his hard work, that's probably all he can afford.

Anonmously said...

I saw you at the Farmers' Market this morning on the way to the splash pad. Lots of people wishing you well and giving you their support.
A little different from Councillor Wilson's experience at the Farmers' Market just feet away from you. He seemed to be cowering under a tree while a resident was giving him a piece of his mind.

Anonymous said...

Code of Pathetics

You would think they could have at least rehersed the act just a bit more in preparation for the Tribunal on August 17th , Tsubouchi was in the deepest of uncharted waters when question by Allison Collins M, it was a pittyful display , Role the tape an watch him get caught "yes I did speak to all of Council" , "No I did not meet privately with the Mayor", "No I did not speak with all of Council"
Can any of this be for real ????

claude said...

I am a proud Ontario resident living in Ottawa recently retired from the government as a clerk agent and now and before have been going back and forth in Toronto and Montreal. My experiences in Toronto in the last 20 years were never positive, people, not of all for sure, were rude and impatient which I am not used to .. I wouldn't expect that, well from what people told me about Toronto know I understand. I also went to Montreal, what a contrast people are so relaxed and much more polite, I feel much more in my element going there. When I visit my sister in Montreal I feel so much relief going there since it's a beautiful city and much culture and nature. Nothing against Toronto but they have to make lots of effort to level it.