"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 16 September 2010

A Comment

Anonymous said:

I have had to deal with Newmarket council over the last 3 years. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are the most agreeable, helpful bunch that I have ever seen.

This may sound sexist and it is not the intent, but the other difference is that they are all male. Anyone that has worked with women in senior management positions would have to agree that women have a different style of management - confrontatiional most times.

16 September, 2010 9:14 AM

*******************

Thanks for the comment. It allows me to respond.

I have served on other councils with women members. I have never served on one like this.

The group of six are three women and three men.

The common factor is a lack of intelligence, discernment and judgement.

It's not about what is between the legs.

It's about what is between the ears.

Delete

3 comments:

christopher watts said...

"It's not about what is between the legs. It's about what is between the ears."

Is that a Buck-ism

I love it!

way to sum it up

Anonymous said...

Love the comment about legs and ears.
I would suggest to the poster that perhaps the difference between the Newmarket and Aurora experiences is simply that the Newmarket council comprises a group of individuals who value respect, dignity, civility, compassion, accountability and freedom of opinion and speech. There are only 3 members of Aurora's council that demonstrate these qualities.

Grace Marsh said...

I have to say, that my time on the JCC was the most productive and enjoyable experience I had in 18 months on Aurora Council. I truly miss it. The members of Newmarket Council, along with the staff of Newmarket were considerate, polite and respectful always. The meetings were well run and productive. What a difference from Aurora Council. I don't believe gender has anything to do with it, Evelyn said it perfectly.