"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 26 February 2011

Enough Already

Enough Already has left a new comment on your post "A Snippet Circulated To Council Members":

Councillor Buck, in my opinion the comment from Anonymous 8:21 is not clever, it is mean and nasty.

Given your feelings towards his wife, Mr. Leonard may well be foolhardy to enter your blog arena.
However, for you to allow the comment from Anonymous 8:21 to be posted seems to pander to a quotient of your followers whose hyperbolic comments do nothing to support your opinion, but instead dimish it.

While I doubt that is your intent, that is the result for me, and I sense I may not be the only one who feels that way.

**********

I have previously expressed misgivings about  editing comments. I won't do it.  A comment  goes in whole or not at all.But Mr. Leonard did not enter the blog arena in a straighforward fashion.

He circulated  an e-mail to all members of council, myself included, for a purpose which had nothing to do with his wife.

In the past, Mr Leonard has ,on his own initiative, taken other  opportunities  to express his disapproval of myself. And That long before I had any idea  who he was or why he was attacking me.

It was no surprise however to discover he was associated with the St. Kitts woman.

It may come as a surprise to learn, I have no feelings whatsoever about any  member of the circle

 I merely  note who my enemies are  when they disclose their proclivities. It's only sensible .

My objective is to protect  the people I am sworn to defend  from whatever  and wherever  the attack
may come. From time to time, that may call for me to take up the cudgels which I do....merrily, I trow...
when I locate a target large  enough to score a bullseye.

I know Mr. Leonard's missive brought  the tone down. But he wrote it. He determined the level  Any response was bound to be round about there.

He circulated it. If he has insufficient  judgment  not to  expose the breadth of his intellect to all and sundry,  I feel no compulsion to  discourage anyone else from taking aim.

1 comment:

Spider meet Web said...

I can't help but imagine you rubbing your hands with glee.