"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 4 June 2012

There's Gotta Be A Better Way

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "There Is A Puzzlement":

"If we respect the right to choose we must respect the choice."

I completely disagree with you.

The person chosen must respect the office to which elected and must act with the responsibility and the dignity that the office demands.
**********************

There has to be a better way of  saying it.
I am continually accused of  being disrespectful. 
They say; "She always thinks she's right and  that means  everybody else must be  wrong"
If that's right, does it mean I should not say what I think
I should wait to hear so that I can agree, in case they might  think I think they are wrong and showing disrespect
By telling people what I think,I am showing respect.
People need  me to  listen and respect their opinion.
I do. 
I expect  the same respect.
We  can do that and be civil to each other
I don't run for office so that I can be told what to think.
I do it so that I can say what I think.
Then people will  know and I can speak freely for them.
As has been pointed out,everyone doesn't vote for me.
Either they don't agree that I insist on saying what I think because they think it disrespects them if it's not what they think.
Either that or they just don't like me. It's not beyond the realm of possibility.
Or they think I'm  old. 
I am old.
I still think and say what I think.
Nineteen  times out of twenty, there is no other candidate in an election that thinks like I think or says it out loud.
In case voters might think they are disrespected  if the candidate  doesn't think what they think
The twentieth candidate who thinks like I think is me. 
Seems there are always people who think like I think or like it that I tell them what I think.
I like it.
.

 

No comments: