"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 18 August 2013

And the point is?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Being a Unit of the Region":

Cllr Buck, you really looked out of your depth during the Fab Lab discussion. I guess 21st-century technological innovation isn't one of your strong suits.


************************

SECOND SENTENCE IS AGREED.

I shared this comment with my  First Born grandchild. 

I do not hesitate to seek support from her when I need it. 

Grandchildren ten years younger are even more proficient .

I have learned what I needed to learn to do what I want to do. 

I  hesitate to wander further  afield in technology. The spirit of Steve Job has not descended upon me. 

When I have to acquire a new understanding I do.  Being  dragged  kicking and screaming backwards through the bushes. 

My grand-daughter says I would probably  learn  it easier if I didn't do so much of the kicking and screaming. 

She  also says the person who made that comment is a DICK.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was just the usual ' Meow " from the usual source.

Richard said...

That's MISTER Dick to her.

Anonymous said...

That was a very condescending comment. Perhaps the commenter looked " FabLabs " up on Google to appear knowledgeable? No one at the table was comfortable with the discussion. Councillor Thompson was most familiar with the material but it sounded like recent information even to him. There are no tech experts on our Council.

Anonymous said...

@18:30
Is that soft-ware program from the Region up & running yet ?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bit of a clever dick.