"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 2 February 2008

Aurora 1945 - 1965 - by Elizabeth Hearn Milner

~This one's from Heather S. ~

I have finally finished reading "Aurora 1945 - 1965" by Elizabeth Hearn Milner. I thought I'd jump in and post on Evelyn's blog to see what everyone thought of it. I really enjoyed reading all about Aurora, and everything that transpired over a 20 year period that was more than 40 years ago.

I sent a copy to my grandmother, Edith Sisman - who read it right from start to finish over the weekend. Some of her recollections were different from the details provided in the book. I thought I'd jump in here (because a LOT more of Evelyn's blog followers are 'vintage Aurorans') and invite you all to comment on what you thought.

So... what did you think? Did you enjoy the book? The pictures? I'm eager to hear everyone's thoughts, and recollections, given that my paternal family had 'vintage' status as well.

~Heather Sisman

No comments: