"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tremors

Sitting on my deck I felt  the  chair  move beneath me. Sue Parish  sitting on the deck with her mother
Joyce, on a visit from North Bay, also felt the  movement. It  lasted several seconds.

I have  on at least one occasion in the past, noticed items had moved on a shelf. And later learned the earth had shifted.   I have never consciously experienced an earthquake.

I did to-day.

2 comments:

Christopher Watts said...

someone better go check on Well St. School.

LivingInAurora.ca said...

Oh I felt that one good Evelyn. Last year's back in June was actually much more shaky. Anna :)