"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Did I tell you this already

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Same Coin.":

Evelyn,
Thank you for posting my response. There was no intent of "emotional blackmail". My intent was to make sure that you and your followers understand who and what the QYR are.

Comments in your previous post like:
"I don't know how long they've had a bus bringing cadets down from Sutton ,Keswick and Sharon.
Of course it would depend on how many cadets there are up there.

Maybe all of them.

Maybe that's where QYR should be located.

By the way, it's not Aurora Armouries any more.

It's Colonel John Graves Simcoe Armouries.

I didn't see anything in the program to indicate why they needed to relocate from the drill shed at the corner of Mosely and Larmont.

They teach cadets to drill, shoot rifles , polish their boots and iron a shirt."

This indicates to me that you feel that the QYR is a Cadet organization. RCAC Cadets occupy the building one evening per week with some weekend events (usually off-site at another DND facility).

The "meat" of the QYR is the reserve force regiment that I mentioned the link to Afghanistan. I know full well who coing the "kiddies" comment, but no one here - you included - has done anything to set the record straight on that so the bulk of your followers somehow believe that the building is used as a some form of day-care centre.

I am not expecting you to consider the well-being of the QYR in anything, that is what the Minister of Defence and his Generals are for.

The DND negotiated a lease with the Town and it's leaders at the time - both elected and appointed.

You cannot hold the QYR to blame for "needless debt". The only ones guilty of that is the Town, as it is the Town that entered into that agreement.

Why do you blame the QYR and the DND for bad decisions made by Aurora? Seems to me that the blame is being misplaced

Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 24 February 2014 12:06


*******************

If I published this before  and I think I might have, I  apologize.

It's all  about budget, spending  and not increasing the burden on hard-pressed home owners and small business, 

I need to keep hammering away at it to stop another bad decision from being made. 

It's my job to do everything  within my  perspective and my power for the best interest of  town taxpayers. 

The same who pay federal taxes. 

I thank you for engaging and helping to draw attention  and provide understanding to the issue. 

I'm not blaming the Rangers for a bad deal made by the town.

But short of moving heaven and earth , I  will  use everything in  my arsenal  to  stop another, more catastrophic than the last,

Have a great day 





No comments: