"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 16 February 2014

The best may yet become.

I told you a story of love and made you cry.

I cried too.

Aunt Peggy died seventy  years ago and the sadness remain.

Life goes on because it must.

But it's never the same.

On one of my return visits to Scotland,  I  stood on the sidewalk and looked out the road towards the school. I attended and re-called the days when I walked that path.

I realized the  girl  I was no longer existed. She was a ghost of myself..

Life is lived in  episodes.

Chapters are outlined and marked with beginnings and ends.

Some are longer  and stronger and harder than others.

As  each one ends, a new one begins.

As the story continues , new facets  are added ..new features chiseled out.

Every  chapter is a new beginning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with you Evelyn. That girl is still there, always will be. Alive and well! She’s just gained (and still is) a world of experiences.

Anonymous said...

Of course that girl still exists. As do all the individuals you write about - you have made it so. And shared it with others to carry.

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm out of tissues. Can we get get back to Town Business? lol

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate Valentines !

Anonymous said...

@17:07
Why ? Everyone knows nothing is getting done. It all gets referred or deferred depending on Cllr Thompson's mood of the night.