"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 24 November 2014

Monday Morning Quarterback

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Free As A Bird....I Shall Be":

I don't think anyone likes to be called a jackass Evelyn, but you call a spade a spade.

Was you intent to ask the question to actually get the charges dropped or were you asking what it would take to get the charges dropped.

Posted by Anonymous to Our Town and Its Business at 24 November 2014 09:10


*********************

Stephanie , like most of her generation ,spends a huge amount of her time texting reading texting and 
whatever else she finds on her  dinky tiny palm handy gizmo that connects her to the world.

I've  talked to her about trashing comments that contribute nothing to the conversation. Stephanie  finds it entertaining when  a blog moderator responds in kind.

I appreciate the point. Lively exchange  does attract more attention.  I do want to I grow the readership. I do have the advantage of the last word. But at this point in time, civility in the main has greater appeal to me.

Occasionally calling  an anonymous spade  JACKASS  is as far as I am prepared to indulge myself.

Yet still  the  redundant question  persists :  What did I say to District1Desk Sergeant about the theft of a plain little white cardboard poppy box which may or may not have contained coin?

Read the posts; both  of them, . My question and the response received could not be more transparent.

I did not use my elected office to obstruct  police in  performance of their duty.

The senseless,heartless comment of the Legion spokesperson that the person who took the box  should  be sent to jail for two or three years triggered my outrage.

I may or I may not attend  the court to observe the sequel.

Previous advice from sound authority indicates  Justice  is not what people think it is and it is not what it should be.

We shall see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Legion spokesman was an ass. You don't use a hammer when it is not needed. I'm sure he regretted his remark after it was too late to withdraw it. Hope so anyhow.

Anonymous said...

Does Stephanie know people with Blogs who use Ads ? Christopher does, I think. That might help with costs.
Someone suggested you could do local Buy & Sell or yard sales but the paperwork alone would make that too unwieldy.

Anonymous said...

What a yucky day !

Anonymous said...

Maybe it will not even get to court. Especially if the media back off.