"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 15 April 2016

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF GRANNIE

Went to Vaughan Mills today. Heather called Stephanie. She and Robyn were coming by to pick me up and get ready. 

Vaughan Mills is twelve years old. I've  often thought I ought to check that place out but never really had a reason to go. I like Malls.They are beautiful,clean bright,colourful,full of light but best of all are 
the crowds of people. Especially young ones ...little children. 

The food court has a great variety of choices. Seems the only thing missing is a Jewish delicatessen.
I had New York Fries with curds,bacon bits ,green onions and a light dressing. I enjoyed it but next time, if there is one,I will look for corned -beef-on-rye with a kosher pickle already.

There was nothing I needed to buy...a good thing in my circumstances. Heather needs party shoes for Keenan's wedding coming up in July. 

It was nice looking at all the lovely things at amazing prices. Colour and  styles would have suited me very well when I was Robyn and Stephanie's age. Robyn doesn't have a sister but lots of girl cousins and aunts . There's fifteen years between R and S. There's lots of fun and chat and laughter between them . My grandchildren are all good friends. No matter how long since they've been together, they just pick up where they left off. I like to think they feel good about being part of something larger than themselves.,

It may be a measure of success. It's certainly very gratifying.   

They bought lunch and we each had three Lyndt chocolates, different flavors. 

Heather found pretty, thin strapped ,silver,sparkly shoes and we came home happy. 

Lorna is sharing photos of old Arran and Ayrshire on Facebook. I love to look deep into the narrow 
winding streets and laneways with buildings and bridges and churches thousands of years old,still stalwart and serving their purpose.

But it's always raining, skies are always dreary, there  are puddles in the street and people wrapped in raincoats,hoods and hats, hurrying about their business to get back home out of the chill. 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly is a measure of success. A big high five to you Evelyn!

Anonymous said...

I hope they remain friends - super link to have.

Anonymous said...

I still remember when a strip mall opening was a big deal. We drove to the Bayview one just to look at all the fancy stores that were filled with things we could not afford. Now that is an enormous complex and I still don't like the prices.

Anonymous said...

Google: " I Believe " from " The Book of Mormon "
An interesting voice - watch and listen with the sound on High

Anonymous said...

A lovely day in the neighbourhood. Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Too nice a day to spend doing the Home Show. We have anything we need for the house and yard even if it is not the latest line on the market.

Anonymous said...

There was much more to the show than what to do or buy for your home. It was a great show. Chamber did a really nice job. The new venue is much better.