"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Something is Stirring

But I can't give details. I received a private and confidential e-mail this morning. It appears I should have received formal notification of something previously but didn't.

The Mayor has called a "Special" meeting for Thursday evening at 5 . P.M. I was not informed. It's apparently about "an individual who could be identified " It generally means the Mayor is on the warpath and prepared to lynch somebody. Usually moi.

It seems stuff isn't being shared .

Why would that be, I wonder?

I had an interview with Brianna of Roger's Cable yesterday afternoon on my backyard deck..It was nice expounding my philosophy on politics to a young person willing to listen. It amounted to a very brief clip on the news .

It's always interesting to see which particular quote from the many has been selected. In this one I related how, in response to demands for apologies, retractions and a commitment to cease and desist, I had asked Councillor Wilson to provide me with a list of the "factually incorrect" statements as well specific examples of Breaches of the Code of Conduct deemed to have been perpetrated so that I could understand precisely why I am apologising.

As yet, no list has come forward..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can you be excluded from a council meeting??