"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 22 December 2013

About Twitter and Such

I deleted  the last  post. 

It hasn't been easy maintaining silence  over the past four  years. 

When the trial started ,I thought  it was the beginning of the end.

After four weeks , once again it came to an abrupt halt although not a conclusion. 

I won't pretend it hasn't been stressful. No- one should imagine I am without opinion. 

But i history will take its course and it will come to a conclusion , Then  we will be free to talk aboit this chapter . 

In the meantime , Im happy to receive your comments and if I  don't publish them I hope you understand. 

That doesn't apply  of course to the snarks  who lurk abaout in the shadows..

The last four weeks  I've been  more or less   pre-occupied . 

I had a bout of bronchitis  for a week . Thank Goodness for antibiotics.  I missed a couple of Council meetings  but was back at it  on Tuesday and Wednesday  and very glad to be there.

Margaret Atwood  is talking to Peter Mansbridge  about Twitter. I must listen to this. 








Council  and thetown's business has helped keep me focussed over all this long time I daresay I can maintain the discipline for the weeks remaining. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Don't know how long I will have power - the street back of us just lit up
Saw your post early this am then it vanished
Really great that you took the anti-biotics this year. Sometimes you can be such a mule about it.
Margaret Atwood had a column in the NYTtimes - didn't understand much of it.
Take care - going to sock in a washing & hope

Anonymous said...

Aurora now has something called ' roving power ', I think that means to get as much done as you can while you can.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mr Tree's rink concept would be a safe topic ? It seems more attractive with each passing day. We seem to hear more about garbage bags than the meaty stuff. Just saying.