"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 25 October 2014

The Puck was dropped ...the game began

We are at the  point in the election when crazy reckless things happen

The  foolish floating flyer recommending a slate  to elect and a slate to reject is a sample.  The culprits .are apparently known.

It's actually no worse than Ron Weese's unsubtle device to do me in at  Sport Aurora 's All Candidate meeting last week.

I knew he had a plan. I anticipated trickery and skullduggery. He did not disappoint

Candidates were asked to forward. positions in sport and advised submissions would be copied and distributed at the meeting and posted on Sport Aurora web site.

Two questions related to  positions would be asked.

Uh-huh I thought, we'll see how that works with twenty-eight candidates.

The smartest, most effective way to do me in would be reduce me to irrelevance and ignore  me.

That's not how it happened .

The first question asked me to explain why I denigrated the thousands of volunteers associated with Sport Aurora by describing them as "takers"

I did no such thing.

The second was why did I  move to have Sport Aurora evicted from the Town  Hall when  staff  said it was alright  for them to be there?

Both questions were asked by the same panellist. Both  were distortion of the facts. Neither had anything to do with my position on sport.

The  audience was unlikely privy to the nefarious scheme.

The  first question was twisted.The second  score no points either.

Ron Weese President of Sport Aurora thinks he's entitled to office space and a Town Hall address.

I don't think he is.

So Ron Weese invites me to a meeting and  uses Sport Aurora to stop me from being elected.

Well... We shall see what Aurora thinks about a  person who thinks he's entitled to preferential  treatment at the Town Hall.

In a forward position, I play by the rules.

He plays dirty

What game  is that?

Not his

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cllr G was so sure of himself that he did not even bother to submit his ideas to Sport Aurora. That showed badly for him.

Anonymous said...


It's too bad that one can't turn Ron Weese into a puck.

Throw him down hard onto the ice and then slap him around for 60 minutes.

Wonder how he'd like that?

Anonymous said...

That questioner from the audience was able to ask far more than his share of questions. The moderator played a very loose hand.

Anonymous said...

"The smartest, most effective way to do me in would be reduce me to irrelevance and ignore me."

Which was MorMac's greatest mistake. They weren't as clever as they thought they were - paranoia and insecurity trumped their superior numbers.

Anonymous said...

Give him an office close to the mayor. They both have their heads in the clouds and may enjoy each others company.

Anonymous said...

It seemed foolish for them to emphasize the business about their office being in the Town Hall. It sets a bad precedent & they will be asked to re-locate. It is only a matter of when & how.

Anonymous said...

I was very disappointed in the calibre of that event and its organizers. And I expect the candidates felt the same way. It would not surprise me in the least if. in future, people chose to leave that " debate " off their calendars.

Anonymous said...

I never voted for Mr Weese. He can be replaced. The group would survive without him.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff but suggest you consider shutting down. Twitter feed is nothing today.

Anonymous said...

Just one lone sputnik - professing innocence while portraying ignorance.

Anonymous said...

I too was anticipating an attempted ambush. I was wondering if you could sense it as well. Your answer was perfect. It was almost as if you knew what the question was beforehand. It showed your wisdom and experience. I was also anticipating a debate or candidates meeting hosted by the historical/culture group. That would have been really entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost your Town Hall office? Bad decision to denigrate SportAurora. Not much you can do about it now.

Voters have spoken! Move on!