"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 30 June 2016

ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO PERSEVERE.

This morning's experience reminds me not to get too cocky. I thought I would trying  again to 
correct obvious problems with lines in the "Waltzing Matilda " post. I managed to put it into draft for editing. Then I couldn't edit It and could not get it back  to publish out of draft 

As can be seen,eventually I was successful. Problem is, I can never figure out how.

I click on so many tabs, I can't recall which one did the trick. There's always the risk I will lose the whole post. I hate that. I absolutely hate that. 

On the computer I knew how to tidy things up. But my grand-daughter Robyn decided I would be 
better off with an IPad. 
 
She was absolutely right. I sit in my big comfy chair with my $10. IKEA table at my elbow   and my IPad down between the cushion and  the side of my chair.  Always ready and fully charged.  The re-charge chord hangs from the lamp standard. 

But I can't switch between the computer, in another room and the IPad. If I  can't figure out how to do it on the IPad, it's  game over. Except it isn't. I keep on playing no matter how irritating to see lines 
Jig-nagging all over the place. 

Yesterday, grandson Keenan , Robyn's older brother, dropped by.He and Kari Chung are getting married at the end of the month. 

They are cooking barbecue sauce and putting together a roast rub for guest favors and need my 
two big soup pots. 

He said ; "Party favors are $8 a piece. It's  my party. I'll cry if I want to"

And I said; " I just put that line in my blog yesterday. Did you read it? "

"No" he said. "Grannie, you should put your blog on your Facebook page "

He had to explain how to do that.. I'm getting smart. I made him write it out for me. So the last two blogs have gone on the page. And that's great. 

Except now more people  will see how erratic my lines are, so I need to find out how to fix that. 

First I asked grand- daughter Stephanie, Robyn and Keenan's cousin, to help me. But she works on a lap-top. She thinks the problem has something to do with writing the post on a tablet and transferring it for publishing. 

Robyn is twelve years younger than Stephanie so she knows more. Next time she is here, I will ask 
Robyn to fix it and write down the steps for me. 

Then maybe I will try tweeting again. I haven't yet figured out the advantage of tweeting and writing a daily blog. 

All will be revealed. 

No comments: