"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 8 May 2010

OH!!!! THE MARKET

It's 12 p.m. and I'm not there.

I was looking forward to tootling on up there on my scooter and spending a couple of hours perusing market wares.

But the skies are heavy. It has rained on and off .Thunder has rumbled now and then.

My scooter has no hood. And I can't stay on my feet to perambulate comfortably long enough to accomplish anything worthwhile.

Instead, I will shop for a hood and cover, so that I will not be similarly inconvenienced any time in the future.

I have in mind something like a "Surrey With Fringe on Top"

What are the chances, I will find something like that?

My daughter Theresa was at the Market. The vendors were folding up early because of the weather.

1 comment:

Something Fishy in Aurora said...

The weather was far from perfect for the first weekend.

Number of vendors seemed to be down for the first weekend but I’m sure they will increase soon.

Everyone seemed to have a smile on their face as they walked around and looked at the wares.

Nobody screaming and yelling at everyone from the corner booth.

We picked up some nice veggies and made our usual stop at the Howards booth for bacon and cheese curds.

I think this may be the best year yet for the market.