"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Your Point Is ?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "One Step Forward...Two Back":

I wonder what would have been written in a Blog (if they existed) 40-50 years ago when a young new councillor spoke to her budget items during open session? Would it have knocked on the councillor's lack of experience?

For someone that likes to recall the good ol' days, you do a piss-poor job of it.

**************
My first inclination was to reject the above  comment. And I did.
Then I thought...what the hell does  he  mean ?
Did the post suggest Councillor Humphryes was responsible for an $85 thousand dollar pedestrian crossing being included in the  budget ?
I don't think so.
The Councillor did exactly what I did eight or nine yeasr ago. I brought the problem to the attention of the  works director and asked fo ra cut in the sidewlk.The response was no, we can't make a cut in the curb. 
We can't encourage anyone to think it's safe to cross there. 
A municipality is liable in certain instances. I can't argue with that. 
In this case, Councillor Humphryes , who had  resided in the  neighbourhood  and was familar with the traffic, asked for a cut in the sidewalk. 
An $85,000 pedestrian cossing was put into the  budget to be paid for with development charge reserves.
Did I say Councillor Humpryes was responsible?
Alright then what exactly is it, I'm being accused of ? 
If you choose to respond ,watch your language
.I am the arbitrator .  

No comments: