"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 1 April 2010

You Were Saying

I don't edit comments. They are printed in their entirety or not at all.

It's good to know people share my reaction to the conduct of our current Mayor, Councillor MacEachern and the obsequious crew who follow in their wake.

I read once gossip is an essential part of social interaction. Being able to vent, keeps the lid from blowing off. It allows freedom and peace to co-exist.

That surely is a good thing.

My own vocabulary is inclined to be salty ,when salt is called for. I 've been known to create my own version of profanity. I think it's therapeutic. It puts a smile on my face.

I have to acknowledge though, some of the language of my grandchildren in Facebook makes my toes curl in my shoes..

There is something to be said for discipline. And something better for creativity.

I am not inclined to tell anyone how to express themselves when I myself insist on freedom

But I am a Councillor. A measure of decorum is expected. I do not write everything that appears in this space but I am responsible for it being here.

In the language of Blog; it's a huge !!!!!!! dilemma

Lord hae mercy .

2 comments:

Anonymous for a Reason said...

I couldn't agree more. My vocabulary can be as salty as the next fellas, but profanity doesn't always add to the discussion.
I feel the mayor is *&%$#!, and that council meetings can be full of %$@!*, but choosing words with more style can have much more effect.
Great post, Ev.

White Knight said...

My father used to say that only having profanity to resort to is a sign of ignorance. The best way to boggle the minds of the "I only have swear words at my disposal-ers" is to rise above and use eloquent, articulate language to make your points. I love your expressive language skills, Councillor Buck! You run rings around the rest of them.