"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 21 May 2010

Grace Marsh's Comment to the Ongoing Saga


The meeting was a Special General Committee Meeting on June 18th, 2007. It was not televised, but a copy of a disc can be requested from the Town I believe.

Here is the link to the minutes on the Town's website:

http://www.town.aurora.on.ca/aurora/index.aspx?ArticleID=1465&lang=en-CA

I remember the night well. You are correct Evelyn, Grainger had to be told more than once to leave. He had no idea what was going on.

What the minutes clearly show, and speak volumes, is the fact that Wilson didn't arrive until 8:30 and walked back out with the rest at 8:40, having no idea why he was breaking quorum, other than he was told to.

May 20, 2010 7:26 P.M.

****************************

I print Grace's comment because it illustrates so well how much we lost when she resigned.

Her mind has a special discipline. It records everything. And everything is orderly and precise.

I still turn to Grace when I need access to an administrative perspective and I have hit the Berlin Wall at the Town Hall.

I have another reason to print the comment.

This week, I received a couple of vile comments to a post. There was continual flow before the law suit started.

The commenter challenged me to document my use of the word "pack"

In the post on the vote to approve the building at Yonge and Centre, I noted the decision was not final. It has to be approved by Council.

I said I would not hold my breath. I noted Councillors Wilson and Grainger do not normally break from the pack.

Grace's comment illustrates the meaning of the word " pack" beautifully.

At the Special Meeting to receive the audit report, Councillors Grainger and Wilson had no idea what was happening . Nevertheless, they followed the Trinity of Morris, MacEachern and Gaertner out of the meeting in high dudgeon.

Straggling, bizarre and unwitting; they trouped out in a "pack"

I rest my case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.