"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 15 May 2010

The Market is Flourishing

Or so I hear. I was up before six this morning . My scooter was fully charged. I was ready to go.

I had time to write a post ...or two. Early morning was bright and blue. As the clock turned, the sky clouded over and it looked like rain pending.

I decided discretion is the better part of valour.

My daughter Theresa went and brought home locally grown strawberries and meat pies.

I love strawberries. None more than locally grown.They must be early this year. It may mean they will be at the market longer. I hope so.

Man, are they luscious.

I'm going to bake a meat pie now and have it for supper.

1 comment:

someone who loves this town more than politics said...

The market was fantastic, the rain held and everyone was having a great time.

Once you've had Snowden Farm's meat pies its hard to go back to anything else.

We find 35-40 minutes at 375 is perfect.

Which kind did you get?

We stock up on the Steak and Guiness, and of course the Beef and Chardonay as John named it after our daughter Charlotte.

The pasta sauce and meatballs are also excellent, but a must is his sausage rolls, the combination of the pastry and the beef is excellent.

We've tried both flank steak in our slow cooker and it makes the most excellent pulled beef, of course he also sells his own too which is what we're having for dinner.