"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 15 September 2012

Pat It and Prick It and Mark it as Spam

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "It's Just A Few":

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I'd
definitely appreciate it.
Feel free to visit my blog post ... United States Real Estate Directory


**************

My website did not eat up your comment. I marked it as spam.
I don't  see why someone posting a blog for the United States Real Estate Directory would seek help here.
A small Canadian  town's political affairs and a  national  American real estate directory don't really have much in common.
Besides, reading my posts  surely provides all you need to know about  how  they are  written.
Reading  my response leads me to believe my first instinct to mark yours  as spam was the right one. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aurora has seen Blog owners & operators come and go. Some of them cannot take the heat. Others cannot draw contributors. I have a niece who writes stories & has people begging for the endings. Seems to be the kind of thing one does for personal enjoyment. The rest is just daily hard slogging. Evelyn, Bill, Christopher & Anna have offered us a wealth of talent & entertainment. We are hugely fortunate.

Anonymous said...

The Agenda is up. No one seems to have added a slate of apologies from the Nasties. Silly old me to expect such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Do you never sleep?

Anonymous said...

The Mormac Legacy has never been one for apology. I think Wilson actually tried one night but someone turned off his mic & none of the people around me heard when he said. It did seem long and I hoped he was apologizing for trying to intimidate someone in the town park. We will never know.

Anonymous said...

"We are hugely fortunate."

Even those of us with neighbours' weedy lawns.

Anonymous said...


For your Sunday morning entertainment you might have a look at Maureen Dowd in the New York Times.

She's of Irish origin and obviously not a Republican.

Anonymous said...

You'll have to ask Christopher how this person found your Blog. Is there some web-site that tracks particularly active sites?

Anonymous said...

9:03 PM
This week Charles M. Blow has the better column, called ' Advantage, Obama '.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to wonder how many of us are political junkies.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get the Times' columns for free. If they have a limit, can you use another computer to get around the cost? Might be good until the U.S election if I don't over-do? Otherwise, I'll have to shop-around with relatives.

Anonymous said...


Anonymous said...
You'll have to ask Christopher how this person found your Blog. Is there some web-site that tracks particularly active sites?

16 September, 2012 9:28 AM


It's called Google... you should Google it.

Anonymous said...

10:19 AM Can't Google this Blog if you've never heard of it.