"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 11 September 2012

It Made Me Laugh

 My finger hovered over the delete button on the reference to Councillor Gallo's hair.
But it made me laugh. I thought it was comically phrased. I can forgive a lot if there is humour. 
It made me analyze the comment . I decided it really wasn't hostile or  insulting.
Everybody's hair  turns grey. If  men  still have hair, they can change their hair style. That's a bonus. 
When people are watching on television, they notice all kinds of  things. Some  personal. 
So I decided to publish.  It wasn't. I thought, humour at the Councillor's expense. 
It was  humour for the sake of it. 
Anyway, I've removed it.
It's not  a  big deal.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have something but I don't know if it will make you laugh or cry. The details are still a bit fuzzy but apparently York Region has banned field trips for classes to the Markham Fair, It is POLICY. The reason ? is that it would be on a Thursday or Friday and all the classes get sorted on those days. And there is a Jewish Holiday then so those kids would miss the trip.
So nothing would get done anyway and a lot of kids would already have the day off BUT the ones left cannot go to the Fair.
Laugh or cry?

Anonymous said...

Only 2 people were making sense at the end of that meeting. Councillor Buck and Solicitor Mar ROCK !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Since Evelyn is usually on Council, I am not sure if she has been through what happened to us last night. Watching, we found ourselves down to a mere 3 individuals sitting on council for who we would ever vote again. And our family, friends and neighbours who we more or less bullied. They were not whom we would have expected and it was a rude awakening. And this is all ' merely ' municipal politics. Have a great night, people.

Anonymous said...


Hair today, gone tomorrow.

But wiggery wins in the end.

It was my understanding that Council was going to arrange for 'live streaming' of GC meetings, as well as, presumably, Council meetings.

This evening's meeting has been very interesting in spots with all sorts of interruptions, orderly or procedural. At one time, discussion of the Town Notice Board was completely out of control, with no one seeming to understand what was being said or even contemplated.

Coverage by Rogers was haphazard. At times there was no live stream, at others there was. A computer was absolutely useless for following the debate (this word glorifies the action) and so I had to trudge from my comfortable ergonomically designed chair at my desk up to the attic and turn on the dusty old TV still connected to the world via rabbit ears. Should really suck out all the dust.

After all, who wants to pay anything for today's cable programming?