"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 4 March 2013

The Sequel

Because of Council's deliberation on the  doubly righteous codes last Tuesday and his strong support of retaining the Code,  I wrote a post about  various apparent contraventions in Councillor Ballard's conduct.

I stooped  to make a particular point.

We will not stay at that level.

I will not follow his tweeting .

I will  however post whatever whopper he is circulating at any particular point in time.

There were and have been many occasions when a complaint might  have been filed under the Code of Conduct but wasn't.

I did not vote for the Code. I never had  illusions about whose ox was to be gored.  
.
It never had but one purpose.which  had absolutely nothing to do with good conduct.

It's how it  was used , each time  it was used.

Even to its  last moments of  existence. 

 

No comments: