"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 26 March 2016

WHAT'S UP DOC ?

When I use a line from a nursery line as a title, attribution is farthest from my mind. I take familiarity for granted. As when I used the line..."Life is a bitch and then you die", I have  no idea where it came from. 

It sounds like the late George Carlin's rough and edgy humour. I enjoy George Carlin. I'm not mad about the man but I appreciate his genius. 
 
This morning  I am asked if I have no interest in what's going on at the old Tannery site. 

I've no idea what's happening down there. I know it was a brownfield site. I believe strict regulations govern rehabilitation. It's my understanding control rests with the provincial government. 

I am no longer a  Councillor. I don't live in that neighbourhood. If anything happening doesn't  look right, I would not normally know about it. 

Why don't you tell  us why you  are concerned .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christopher has all sorts of material about the Tannery. I expect it is right up to date.
Anyone can read it.
The weather is too nice for me to waste time on that now.
It is in the hands of Council with all the rest of the nonsense like the hotel they can't get knocked down and the traffic on Yonge.

Anonymous said...

Thousands of Americans have signed a petition to allow open carry ay the republican convention. I know at least a dozen democrats who have signed to let them do it. No one is going to be checking the names and the secret service will not allow it anyway.

Anonymous said...

16.46
I would sign it too - let them have at it. Their gun thing is horrible.