"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 11 November 2012

Good News

I didn't get to the service at the Cenotaph this morning. 
I didn't get to the General Committee Meeting on Tuesday.
Or the Firefighters Recognition Ceremony on Wednesday.
I 'm glad I bought a new rolling chair for the computer desk
at Cosco's a couple of weeks ago for $57.
It has been my transportation all over the house since Tuesday. 
Something went awry in my lower back causing extreme misery with any move in a particular direction.
When that hits, it takes a little while to figure out which move is the wrong move.
To discover  which position provides the greatest  relief . 
I could run to a doctor. Providing I could run which of course  is a joke. .
What would he say I haven't heard before.
Take pain killers and keep your weight off it .
Well, I don't need a doctor to tell me that. 
So I've been scooting about on the chair and every day, in every way, it gets a little bit better.
I am very happy to tell.       

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful morning for the Cenotaph. None of the usual wind and drizzle.
And a brief opportunity to put away Hallowe'en & start on Christmas before the weather turns.

Anonymous said...

Mind the cat's tale with your chair! And, if I could be so bold, your Doctor could likely order an anti-inflammatory over the phone?