"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Not Here, My Friend

I have  deleted  yet another three jabs at Christopher Watts.
I've made it clear he  is a friend.
I find his wit, intelligence and skill. beyond the norm.
We are not the same. There is no reason why we should be. Generations and life experience separate us.
Robert The Bruce suffered severely at the hands of Christopher.
I didn't follow the exchange closely enough to understand how it came about. 
I had no reason  or interest to join  the fray.
Readers  have noted  since the absence of Robert The Bruce on this blog. 
I suspect only the  nom de plume  changed. 
I myself came in for a share of  criticism from Robert The Bruce.
I found his opinions out of date in many instances.   .
He didn't warrant  sympathy.Nor did he expected it,I'm sure.
I don't mind his  continued contribution to the discussion here.
But I am making it clear once and for all, this blog will not be used as a whipping post for Christopher Watts.
Sneering jeering references  should appear on your own blog and see how its  readership grows...or not.      

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odd how those who can't make the grade take pot-shots at others who have actually achieved some degree of success or recognition. Usually just jealousy trying desperately to be taken as humour.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Evelyn. Thank you Chris.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it would be fair then if you remove posts that promote his blog as well?

Anonymous said...

We need everyone to contribute. I will never forgive Morris and her group of vigilantes for taking out Richard Johnson. Never met the guy but he sure could write. Ballard claims to be a journalist and doesn't even seem to bother reading.

Anonymous said...

No, 5:05 PM. You can do that on your own Blog. Why do you have such a meltdown when a writer receives praise. Any writer. You go after Matt, Christopher and Evelyn for every tiny imaginary infraction of your rules.

Anonymous said...

To: 9 January, 2013 5:05 PM

"Maybe it would be fair then if you remove posts that promote his blog as well?"

Wow. A real master of logic. Your comment has all the signs of pure genius.

Bibendum said...

5:15 PM, has a point. If Cllr Buck and other fans of Chris Watts are often 'pumping his tires,' those that disagree with his views and/or style will seek to deflate those metaphorical Michelins.

Anonymous said...

This is foolishness. If someone notes that Christopher has a new post, that does not ' promote ' his Blog. Those who read it are totally free to make their own judgements. Equally free to ignore the initial comment.

Anonymous said...

How is commenting on Christopher's blog any different than drawing attention to Ballard or Morris' blog ? The whole purpose of this site is for debate on local issues therefore to try and restrict what people can say sounds to me like an attempt f the old guard to move backwards… not forwards.

Anonymous said...

I am utterly disgusted that you use your blog to defend Mr Watts and at the same time take unwarranted shots at me.

I posted a reply to this post and as usual, yu do not publish it.

I have played nice, bit my tongue and stayed out of the fray. Think what you like, but if you don't see my tagline - it's not me.

Why can't you be fair and post my response? You are no better than Watts with you editorial policy.

I guess I will have place retort on my site, otherwise you will run all over the little guy.

Fuimus
Robert the Bruce