"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 12 August 2010

Now another Reader Asks

Where do we get a copy of the Aurora Promenade Draft Concept plan.

I think I saw direction to provide it ti the Library which means you can read it there.

I checked to see if it is online. Didn't find it. Which doesn't mean it isn't there. It just means I didn't find it

If the policy still applies , you can probably buy a copy at the Town Hall.

http://www.town.aurora.on.ca/aurora/aurorapromenade

if you go way down to the end, there's a link to a 23mb pdf of a
"Aurora Promenade Draft Concept Plan" among other pdfs.

Another reader helps out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I browsed through the proposal, admittedly I am not much of a hunter so I had some difficulty finding the meat. It does look very pretty though. My question is: How is it affordable? If there are developers out there willing to build under these strict guidlines, what rebates?, tax concessions? or what have you, might they expect from Aurora taxpayers to ensure their profitability? Secondly, what are the businesses that could afford what would most likely be a very expensive lease? I realize that there are many affluent residents who afford to shop in pricey high end shops, and there are just as many who cannot. A beautiful street scape is a wonderful thing for any town to have but you know, "window shoppers" don't pay the bills. Just asking what I hope is a pertinant question, I am not trying to critisize the plan or all of the time effort and money that went into creating it.

Thanks,
Luckywife