"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 19 August 2010

The Storm and Its Aftermath

The storm hit when I was doing the daily post. It was about Tsubouchi's decision and his investigation and lack thereof. I decided to turn the computer off.

The phone has been ringing steadily with calls from people wanting to know that I'm alright after my fall. I am. As they say, I'm a tough old broad.

Mr. Leach wanted to assure me that whatever his comment was when the microphone stayed on, it was not detrimental to myself. I knew that already. Whatever his personal feelings , Mr. Leach is a true professional.

The story about David Heard being harangued at the park is accurate. Councillor Wilson wanted to reiterate his firm conviction that a Councillor cannot be allowed to say whatever she wants ..
The Councillor is firmly convinced a single critic can undermine the work of Council and that can not be allowed.

The St Kitts woman was at the town hall to register as a candidate.

That's all for today. I have a meeting tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Councillor Wilson wanted to reiterate his firm conviction that a Councillor cannot be allowed to say whatever she wants "

And yet this same conviction allows him to say whatever he wants? Makes perfect sense to me, not!

Anonymous said...

If you don't believe Mr. Leach said something detrimental about yourself, why on earth would you let "luckywife" post that he said something "not kind"?

Anonymous said...

Let me see if I understand this clearly. It is not OK for Cllr. Buck to speak her mind in an open and transparent manner using blog and letters to the editor, but it is OK for Crusader Al to accost a private citizen in the park, herd him into the trees and subject him to one of Al's imfamous temper tantrums? Whatchathink?? Is Al the Kettle or the Pot?

As for the IC report, if that's what we get for over 3 grand a month then I think he should be fired and the job given to ME!!!! I would love it if someone would pay me that much for doing Sweet **** All! And I'd be damn good at it!!!

Luckywife

Resident at Large said...

... and apart from accosting private citizens in public places he reportedly has a pretty poisonous email pen (or keyboard)and doesn't hold anything back. I admire Councillor Buck because she has the balls to say or write the same things in public that she would in private. Wilson Weasel waits until he can cower behind a computer screen or accosts away form the cameras.
One word sums up the GOS - HYPOCRISY!

Anonymous said...

You have commented in this post that Sher St Kitts was at the town hall the other day to register as a candidate, however, her name does not yet appear on the list of registered candidates. Do you know, does she intend to run?