"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 17 October 2010

The Maple Tree

The leaves on my tree are gold this year.

Scarlet makes me catch my breath with its beauty.

But the gold creates such a  light it almost hurts the eye with its intensity.

I have such a feeling of optimism for the possibility of change

And the opportunity for positive things to happen.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Out west, where I spent most of my youth, the colours of the fall are mostly yellow, as maple trees aren't as plentiful as here. I love fall in Ontario for this reason. I especially love the glowing orange trees against the bright blue sky - complimentary colours at their finest!