"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 22 July 2011

An E-mail From A Resident

The following e-mail was circulated to all members of council.The information contained makes it  clear the writer intends to be a full participant in the council debate which  may or may not follow receipt of the report requested by council from Leisure Services Director Al Downey . The writer requires other documentation as well to prepare himself to be on a level playing field.

Dear Mr. Downey and Mr. Dawe

  I am writing with a request for disclosure of copies of  the inspection records, maintenance records and installation procedures for the two hump camel climber, at confederation park

I am also requesting a copy of the ” report”   that Ms. Buck requested from the parks Department at the July 12th 2011 meeting,  so I can review it as well, I would like to have these records and report as soon as possible so I may review them prior to the August 16 2011 meeting in which I plan to attend.

 I am putting in a delegation request for three and we would like to be prepared for that meeting with these documents.

If this should be a problem, please let me know as soon as possible,  so that I may have enough time to put in a freedom of information request (FOI) for these documents prior to the meeting, which will allow me enough time to receive them and review them.

I believe that, as I originally put in the request to  have the camel climber removed back in early April, I believe I should have all the information that the town has on this apparatus so we are all on a level playing field with all the information available.

Ps: I have tried several times to put in a request for delegation status for Aug 16 2011 by email at the address on the towns website to thecouncilsecretariatstaff@aurora.ca  and the email keeps on coming back as undeliverable, is it possible Mr. Dawe for you to forward my delegation request to the appropriate person ? Thanks
If this is not possible please let me know in advance, so I may ensure I am on the list of delegates, by other means.
I Martin McIntaggart would like to speak as well as Nancy Meredith, and Austin McIntaggart totaling 3 persons and all discussing the camel climber

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These people and their children should be banned from all town parks and forced to install on their own properties whatever equipment they deem appropriate (challenging, enjoyable, guaranteed not to cause accident or injury to their offspring, boring, etc.).

If everyone in this community complained of a real or imagined occurrence there would be no residents left in Aurora; they would have all moved to some Valhalla somewhere else, Thunder Bay, Moose Jaw, Moncton, Squamish; just a few options.

Why am I getting sick and tired of diseased, despotic, whinging former mayors who can't accept the inevitable? YOU LOST! NOW SHUT UP!

And I am beginning to get sick of whinging parents whose inattention to their own children at play on an apparatus that was clearly beyond these youngsters' age and ability should permit the Freedom of Information Act to be rattled like some rusty old sabre.

These people should either grow up and assume responsibility for their own children or get out of a town with which they are so disenchanted.

Anonymous said...

I think this whole thing has become quite ridiculous and I hope it will not be allowed to become more so.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it have been lovely if all the time,
effort, money and hot air that has been frittered
away on the playground equipment and the Petch
House had been put to some useful, even creative,
use ? Why do these people get their knickers in such
a twist ? Don't they read what is going on outside our
safe little world ?

Anonymous said...

If we are worried about the private parts of every child or adult for that matter in the town because of this, I like to call it the snake, apparatise, then we should get them all off their bikes to because the same harm can come from them to. One slip of the peddle......

Anonymous said...

Please tell me he is not bringing another child to
try and address Council.

Anonymous said...

Yes Councilor , Step Down this minute!!!, there's no place on Council for a person who challenges world safety experts, theatrical performers and looks at things from a different vantage point ,most notably common sense, How Dare you be so bold in the day and age of the whiner , your way past due

Anonymous said...

If I am correct in assuming that Austin McIntaggart is a child, I guess here is yet another parent who is willing to exploit their child in a public forum. What kind of parenting is this?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure of the wisdom in taking to the field
with a child by your side. What if you do not
prevail ?