"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Gimme A Break !!!!!

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A ...":

I know you have to write something in your blog everyday, but is this latest post the "best you got?". You can and have done better.
As per a couple previous posts, I don't expecct to see this hit your public blog. This is just for you, Evelyn and hopefully will lead to a little self examination. Change begins with Self Realization

***************

I don't have to write a post every day. I never assume what I write will engender interest. I know there are people who like to read something from me every day. How do I know? Because they tell me so.

But mostly I write because:

1. I have something to say.
2. I am free to say it.
3. I am aware there are people who hate the fact I have something to say, I am free to say it .There are people who want to hear it....for  whatever reason.

I think when  residents take upon themselves  responsibility to appear before Council  and  speak for others, they should at least be prepared to recognise the formality of the occasion and the potential  for  challenge.

Council is the only body with authority to speak for the community. It is not happenstance.

It happens  after six weeks at least of hard campaigning and an election under strict rules and regulations.

Being elected  is a responsibility and an obligation.

A Councillor does not speak for him or herself alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your absolutely right and keep on doing it , Take no offence Ev, but it takes large balls to say what most people think, Keep on telling it like it is, the world has way to many politicians who make their way by telling everyone exactly what they want to hear , We all know how far that went last October, You’re a rare breed .Thank God!!!