"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 18 June 2012

Where Angels Fear ToTread

Hello,
I was wondering if you happen to know anything about where and what the "Redman(?)" property is and any rumblings about development. Has anything been proposed to council?
Thanks
**********
I received an e-mail invitation for a private discussion involving real estate. The name "Redman"  may be one of the properties involved. 
I did not accept. I believe the invitation went to all Councillors.
The process is completely inappropriate. I informed the party of that fact.
No Councillor has authority to  discuss real estate deals with  any party or  make a commitment on behalf of the town.
Real estate matters are handled by senior staff.
Councillors must keep their distance.
Honestly!!!!
I understand, despite my warning,  the proponents proceeded with their plan to meet with Councillors and persuade them, individually, of the merits of the  real estate deal.
I further understand , they have  expressed confidence of  support and encouragement  for a deal that calls for a combined expenditure of millions of public dollars.
I am concerned.
I am unaware of any proposal made to the Town  through  proper 
channels. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't everything about Aurora town's working operations screech to a halt for the summer? Is there time to slip a big idea through in the little time remaining?

Anonymous said...

Please do not let this be another case of ignoring the Solicitor's advice & doing the White Knight act. Didn't work too well with the Center.

Anonymous said...

Where is it, Ev?