"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 24 January 2013

Butt Out

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Shuffle Off To Buffalo":

Well, at least you're not bitter about it. 

**********
I love the job . 
Standing fast for something  I believe is an opportunity I wouldn't miss for the world.
A commenter  wistfully yearns for nothing more to be said.
Why are you  here
This is  exactly where it can and will be said 
Another  thinks I should crawl away in defeat. 
Fat chance.
I don't want to pay for the Mayor to be able to enjoy piano concerts by world- famous performers in  the convenience of Church Street school. and  save on parking. I am  not inclined to stop reminding him of that fact.
I got  my rights.
A few other people think a resident who pays taxes and makes an observation about a  forty minute employee coffee break has too much time on her hands.
You need to be reminded who pays your salary and has a right to be respected and comment on whatever  services are  provided or not, while you are on a forty minute trek to a coffee shop. .        

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


While I normally would not do what I just did, it was with a degree of bemusement that I checked Clr. Ballard's blog site.

The last post was December 19, still dealing with councillors as mushrooms.

I would have thought that he would have blasted the airwaves with the second coming just approved by Council.

Or perhaps he's waiting on the piano concert so that he can write a review.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use something totally off-topic while the meeting is being digested? In California 2 class action suits have been filed against Lance Armstrong and his publishers and a few more individuals and businesses for fraud and false advertising. By people who said they read the book because of him. Probably only the lawyers will be happy. It is just the beginning.